The 2017 Programs and Communications Summer Internship involves assisting with the Cambria County Trails Series, the Friends of the Trails program, trail events, trail service projects, volunteer engagement, public relations, and additional special projects. Interns would also compose press releases and utilize WordPress to assist in developing the website. Interns would also assist with event planning, specifically with the 2017 Cambria County Trails Series and with trail beautification projects. The office is located in Ebensburg, PA. Start/end dates are flexible.
Skills, Experience, and Demands
- Background/Major in Digital Media, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, English, Parks and Recreation, Environmental Studies, or other related discipline
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Proficiency with Adobe and Microsoft Suite Office
- Familiarity with social networking sites and website management
- Interest in the outdoors, recreation, photography, and community development a plus
- Ability to walk up to one mile on trails in all weather conditions; ability to lift 30 pounds.
Email a letter of interest and résumé to email@example.com with “Programs and Communications Internship” in the subject line. Deadline is April 1.
The Cambria County Conservation & Recreation Authority (CCCRA) exists 1) to create, enhance, and preserve recreation experiences in Cambria County and 2) to construct environmental remediation facilities in Cambria County and the surrounding region. The CCCRA strives to provide visitors and residents of Cambria County recreational experiences that connect them with the region’s assets to encourage an active and healthy lifestyle. The CCCRA oversees the Ghost Town Trail, the Path of the Flood Trail, and the Jim Mayer Riverswalk Trail.